Thursday, June 16, 2016

Final Day .. Day ONE


I joined Facebook in an effort to stay in contact primarily with my son, daughter and three lovely granddaughters in the easiest and most prevalent electronic format possible. We all live such varied and time-stressed lives that a common forum such as Facebook seemed to fill a void thereby providing a method to eliminate missed phone calls and text messages, allow sharing photos and videos and all the services that Facebook and accompanying Messenger provide free of charge (in exchange for advertising, of course).

Over the next few days, I will be deleting my account on Facebook, removing photos/videos and saying goodbye to everyone. It seems my primary reasons to join Facebook have no reasons to share anything with me. There is no blame on their part, nor would I ever wish to assign any. Having experienced similar life events, I totally understand their points of view. My life journey took me in other directions. It seems that I was unable to pass along a better family life than the one I experienced although I tried very hard for 16 years. I've read that it takes 3 generations to cure that.

I remained in contact, sharing little pieces of myself online so that, perhaps, some form of dialogue could be rekindled and our relationships likewise. It now seems, this is neither welcome nor desired. It appears that I can't outlive my mistakes or rectify damages done. It seems that I am what I've become.

And so, it is time for me to "get real" with the world and stop living in a fantasy land. Norman Rockwell painted fictional characters, Leave It To Beaver wasn't a real family and neither is so-called "reality tv". Even the words, "I'm from the government and I'm here to help you." is a lie.

I've enjoyed my relationships with each and every one of you, my friends. I wish they could have been better and lasted longer. Goodbye.


Day ONE:

HELLO, Blogger bloggers. (Sounds funnier that way.)

I was gone, but now I'm back. (It doesn't matter why.)

I have a few friends who would like updates on my travels as a full-time, retired traveler in the United States. This blog space, is for you.

For a while, I'll be playing catch-up, then will be getting into pretty much, real time updating - prevailing Wi-Fi hot spots willing.

So, be warned and be ready. I hope you enjoy it.

-30-

No comments:

Post a Comment